How transfer property title from deceased parents to daughter per Revocable Living Trust w/out probate?

Question by Paradise: How transfer property title from deceased parents to daughter per Revocable Living Trust w/out probate? There is no will. There is only the Revocable Living Trust and the Grant Deed left by parents. Can this transaction be done without an attorney and without going to probate? Can we go to the local court house or hall of records to do this transaction? The Revocable Living Trust Agreement was drawn and notarized in 2005, but not recorded on property title. Deceased parents are joint owners of property. They died 11/06 & 3/07. Revoc. Living Trust states “After the death of both grantors (parents), the successor trustee (son) shall distribute the trust estate to the following who shall survive both grantors: “named property” bequest and given to daughter.” Successor Trustee is son. Daughter also has power of attorney for parents. No outstanding debt remains in their names. No other heirs will contest this Revocable Living Trust. Best answer: Answer by hugahugababy go to lawyer, have lawyer type up a quitclaim or warranty deed to transfer property to whomever is getting it. File paperwork at local courthouse. Add your own answer in the comments!

Shawn Lazarus

About Shawn Lazarus

Also known as, Tutt Lazarus 007, a damn fine person, friend and nobleman of the community, Ultimate Fighting Championship Contestant and Street General, member of the Save the GirlsZ Foundation, the man who controls the black market on baby seal pelts and a member of the “probably ya’ grand daddy's” foundation. Master of: Lazarus Enterprises Group, and other conglomerates and subsidiaries… Creator of an elite group of the fastest MINDZ the world have ever witnessed. Consider yourself blessed to read this blog. The above is not a joke and definitely not a play on his intellect. Please don’t take it negatively, he is a gentleman and global citizen.
  • sdsu3

    Its best you get advice like this directly from an attorney. Most offer free initial consultations. You can find a good estate planning lawyer in Riverside at the link below. I also put a few links for California Lawyers, Legal Advice, and Legal Articles.

  • Try searching the website for your state specific question. But really, for the $ 100-$ 200 you might spend having a lawyer do it properly, it would buy you a lot of peace of mind. You wouldn’t have to worry that 15 years from now something wasn’t done right and end up costing thousands to fix. Not an attorney, but speaking from experience…. Good Luck